Feed our heart and mind with a delicious ad for the world’s no. 1 brand of oyster sauces!
Oyster sauce is an essential condiment in Asian cuisine. Traditionally, it is made by slowly simmering oysters in water until the juices caramelize into a thick, brown, intensely flavorful sauce. Beyond Asian dishes, oyster sauce can be used for marinating, dipping, stewing meat, etc.
Oyster sauce was invented by accident by Lee Kum Sheung in China, in 1888. 126 years on, his recipe has turned into a global food brand: Lee Kum Kee. People all over the world enjoy Lee Kum Kee’s oyster sauces, as a premium brand they can trust to deliver quality and tasty sauces. The brand ranks as the world’s No. 1 brand for Oyster Sauces* and has consistently acquired a strong presence in most markets including Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Europe, Australasia, etc.
Great taste doesn't travel by itself but it is important to let foodies around the world know the best tasting, original, high-quality oyster sauces from Lee Kum Kee. We are calling all creative minds who love food for help.
* “Lee Kum Kee-World’s No.1 brand for Oyster Sauces from 2007-2012”
Footnote: “Source Euromonitor International Limited; all retail channels; 2013 edition;
Per Euromonitor International’s global brand name classification; retail value sales at retail selling prices; 2007-2012 data.”
It would be easy to paste a picture of the product with a list of qualities on an ad… But can you design a high quality and impressive print ad (with an insightful and catchy tagline) that creatively connects the superiority and delicious taste of Lee Kum Kee’s premium oyster sauces to those who love cooking and eating?
Your print ad should include a visual and tagline. You are free to add additional visuals and copy. Remember to keep it simple, stylish - as it is a premium brand -, visually impacting and with a tagline that is easy to remember – that’s advertizing!
Think about the emotions, the feelings that Lee Kum Kee’s oyster sauce could trigger when it is used to cook, eat, share food with others…
Lee Kum Kee originated in China so you can hint at the brand’s heritage but avoid the cliché imagery about China, as it is now popular among people from all nationalities and seen as a modern, global brand - with Chinese heritage.
Oyster sauce is mainly used in Asian dishes but is now spreading to other types of food. You do not need to explain what oyster sauce is in your ad. Just make people want to try Lee Kum Kee’s products.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
You could feature a happy scene of a family banquet at home where all the guests seem full after enjoying a great meal. It looks like a royal banquet but with ordinary people. We can see that among all the condiments, only Lee Kum Kee’s oyster sauce has been used and the bottle is empty. All the other sauces or seasonings have been left untouched. A tagline would claim: “Lee Kum Kee: the king of oyster sauces” with the words “World's number one” and “sauce” highlighted like someone would write on a photograph, to show that it is the best oyster sauce, but also so good that it is the best of all sauces!
- #1 상금 3,000€
- #2 상금 1,500€
- #3 상금 500€
Photo, illustration or print with explanation
We are looking for ads that are more than just a picture of a bottle and a list of qualities. We want people who see the ad to feel in their heart that they should let Lee Kum Kee’s oyster sauce into their lives more often as it is the only oyster sauce that has so much to offer, for them and those around them.
The winning entry may be used as it is in a global advertising campaign so we are looking for good concepts, good taglines and a high quality creative work. While we are looking for a print ad, the winner may be adapted by an agency to large advertising formats like outdoor display (4*3) so please keep a very high-resolution version of your entry.
이 공모전을 위한 가이드 라인
- Entries are to be in English or Chinese. If your entry is in Chinese, the tagline must be in English, any corresponding Chinese tagline is a plus. Avoid jokes or references that are too local as your ad could be used globally (and people from other countries would not understand).
- Lee Kum Kee is a modern, global brand, with Chinese roots. Avoid cliché imagery about China or Chinese people.
- Please include “Lee Kum Kee - World’s No.1 brand for Oyster Sauces from 2007-2012. Source Euromonitor International Limited; all retail channels; 2013 edition; Per Euromonitor International’s global brand name classification; retail value sales at retail selling prices; 2007-2012 data. ” as footnote in your print (NOT as a tagline). Check out the exact wordings (in English and Chinese) here.
- Logo (golden plaque logo) is mandatory. Either the hero product Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce or the whole series of Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauces has to be featured in the print ad. Both logo and product shots can be downloaded here.
- Dimension specification: Height: 273mm x Length: 215mm (portrait format)
- The winner may be adapted by an agency to large advertizing formats like outdoor display (4*3) so submit using the dimensions specified above, but prepare a very high-resolution version for your entry.
eYeka 표준 가이드라인
- 제출작품에서는 어떠한 개인 정보도 보여서는 안됩니다. (이름, 연락처, 이메일 등)
- 우승자로 당선이 되면 사용될 경우를 대비하여 작품은 고화질로 보관해주십시오.
- 공모전에 제출을 고려하고 있는 작품은 본인의 것이어야만 합니다.
- 해당 미디어를 제공한 각각의 제작자와 작업자로부터 서면 허가를 받아야 합니다.
- 본인 것이 아닌 작업물(음악, 사진, 디자인 등)이 있다면 사용한 음악 및/또는 이미지가 본인의 창작물인지 아닌지를 미디어 설명에 기입하고 사용 권한을 부여한 라이센스의 링크를 제공하십시오.
- eYeka는 회원님께 문서화된 증거나 eYeka와 우리의 고객이 공모전 규정 사항에 따라 작품의 사용할 권한이 있음을 증명하는 것 같은 문서화된 확인 증서 전부의 사본을 요구할 것입니다
- 위의 규정에 부합하지 않는 작품은 본 공모전의 심사 대상에서 제외됩니다.