Can Pitera™ transform not just your skin but your shopping experience?
In the 1970s, SK-II scientists started on a fervent quest to uncover a skincare ingredient that would make beautiful skin a reality for every woman. Despite researching a myriad of possibilities, the secret long eluded them.
By coincidence, the scientists eventually found themselves in a simple sake brewery where they chanced upon the soft and youthful hands of aged sake brewers. Back in their laboratories, they surmised that the secret must lie in the fermentation liquid that the brewers’ hands were in constant contact with during the sake fermentation process.
A rigorous search of over 350 kinds of yeast was conducted before these researchers discovered the unique yeast strain that held the secret to crystal clear skin: Pitera™ – the key ingredient in SK-II products.
Derived from a strictly controlled natural fermentation process, Pitera™ is a clear liquid rich in vitamins, amino acids, minerals and organic acids that work together to allow the skin’s natural surface rejuvenation process to function at its prime.
This combination of nutrients works to dramatically improve the skin’s natural surface rejuvenation process, to maintain and enhance the skin’s translucency, softness and smoothness, for the transformation to crystal clear skin.
SK-II is seeking your ideas to express Pitera™ creatively in its beauty counters.
Redesign SK-II beauty counter and stop women in their tracks by featuring SK-II’s Pitera™ in a visually arresting way that will make them curious to find out more about the brand and its products.
Imagine an SK-II counter within a department store. There’s usually limited space and there are many skincare and make-up counters around competing for your attention.
Within the counter, can you feature SK-II’s Pitera™ in a way that is visually arresting, that will stop women in their tracks and make them curious to find out more about the brand and its products?
In your presentation, please show us:
- How Pitera™ could be visually featured in a lightbox and beyond, within the counter
- The layout of the counter
- The visual design of the counter
Feel free to use the blank layout plan provided here as a basis for your layout design or you can design your own!
Be creative in your idea and explore how the visual expression of Pitera™ could look like, perhaps as a two-dimensional poster that can be put in a light box. How about a three-dimensional installation or something that people can experience or interact with? Or a centerpiece of Pitera™ from which the experience with the products “radiates” from? We want you to be as creative and innovative with your ideas as possible.
Pitera™ is currently expressed as a drop, you can refer to it here and you can use it for reference and inspiration.
In your text description, please answer the following questions:
- What is your idea about?
- How does it make people understand what Pitera™ is about?
- How is it engaging to women who are faced with numerous choices at the department store?
We are looking for good quality drawings of your visuals, it can be 2D or 3D drawings; it must be more than a rough sketch with a pencil on a paper.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good example might show the Pitera™ heritage through an installation of the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence in rice, the base ingredient of sake, with a continuous drip of crystal clear liquid representing Pitera™ slowing falling off the bottle to show renewal. The liquid could form a flow towards the rest of the product range, integrating the installation with the rest of the counter. This will be a centerpiece and the different product lines will be organized around the source of it all, the “Pitera™ fountain of youth”.
A “hero” wall showcasing the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence on a pedestal would be a bad idea because it does not say anything about Pitera™.
- #1 상금 4,000€
- #2 상금 2,000€
- #3 상금 1,000€
- #4 상금 1,000€
Presentation with text and visuals (maximum 5 pages PDF)
We are looking for engaging and innovative in-store counter design ideas that holistically integrate Pitera™ into the shopping experience, including the products on display. Your ideas should create a feeling of awe and wonder when women see the counter, enticing them to spend time at SK-II.
이 공모전을 위한 가이드 라인
- Entries should be in English.
- You can use the SK-II logo available here.
- Please show a holistic SK-II retail counter experience, not just a single poster that is meant for a light box. Include a design of the whole counter, as well as close-up of key elements you feel would highlight its uniqueness.
- Please use the SK-II red: Pantone 202.
eYeka 표준 가이드라인
- 제출작품에서는 어떠한 개인 정보도 보여서는 안됩니다. (이름, 연락처, 이메일 등)
- 우승자로 당선이 되면 사용될 경우를 대비하여 작품은 고화질로 보관해주십시오.
- 공모전에 제출을 고려하고 있는 작품은 본인의 것이어야만 합니다.
- 해당 미디어를 제공한 각각의 제작자와 작업자로부터 서면 허가를 받아야 합니다.
- 본인 것이 아닌 작업물(음악, 사진, 디자인 등)이 있다면 사용한 음악 및/또는 이미지가 본인의 창작물인지 아닌지를 미디어 설명에 기입하고 사용 권한을 부여한 라이센스의 링크를 제공하십시오.
- eYeka는 회원님께 문서화된 증거나 eYeka와 우리의 고객이 공모전 규정 사항에 따라 작품의 사용할 권한이 있음을 증명하는 것 같은 문서화된 확인 증서 전부의 사본을 요구할 것입니다
- 위의 규정에 부합하지 않는 작품은 본 공모전의 심사 대상에서 제외됩니다.