Invent a new cheese product for office snacking or evening cheese and crackers.
Who doesn’t like cheese?
Whether alone, in pairs, or in a crowd, for big occasions or small moments, cheese is the perfect companion. It’s delicious, comforting and unique… Cheese is also one of the most versatile foods around and can be eaten hot and cold; as a starter, a snack, a full meal or even as a dessert.
In Britain, people eat Cheddar. In every fridge in the UK you will find Cheddar. There are many ways of eating it, in a sandwich, over jacket potatoes, on hot pasta, as an on-the-go snack or enjoyed on its own.
Seriously Strong is one of the most popular brands in Britain. It’s particularly known for its strong and characterful taste that makes it stand out from the other cheese brands. The brand vision is: “Marking the warm enjoyable everyday moments for us all to appreciate.”
They have sliced cheddar, grated cheddar, cheese sauce and the unbeatable block cheddar in fuller-flavoured strengths (Mature, Extra Mature and Vintage). Click here for more details. The last big innovation from Seriously Strong cheddar was its spreadable cheddar.
Now Seriously Strong wants to bring its characterful flavour to other innovative cheese ideas to fit British consumers’ lifestyles.
There are two occasions where the ideal cheese product is missing: cheese snacking at the office and evening cheese and crackers with your partner. Can you help invent the right cheese product for one of these occasions?
Invent new Seriously Strong cheese products so Brits have new and interesting ways of enjoying characterful cheese during office snacking & evening cheese and crackers (and wine!).
Seriously Strong would like you to think beyond the obvious formats (they already have grated, sliced, spreadable and sauce). This contest is about revolutionising cheese snacking at the office and evening cheese and crackers with new textures, ingredients, ways to eat, packaging, and cheese product ideas. Complements can be proposed, as long as a characterful cheese remains the hero.
Read carefully about the two occasions and pick one:
- Snacking at the office
- Imagine Stephen, 35, he works in an office as a marketing executive. He doesn’t always have the time to nip out for lunch everyday so might stock up on snacks at the beginning of the week (and store them in the office fridge) or might bring something in from home. He needs something easy to put together in the office kitchen, to eat while in front of his computer or whilst grabbing a quick bite with his colleagues in the break room. He’s looking for something that doesn’t create a mess or stick to his fingers, that’s filling, but won’t send him to sleep, and which he is happy to eat in front of other people. Because he is tired of a boring cheese sandwich, he wants a light meal or a snack that is convenient yet not bland.
- Cheese & crackers or nibbles at home in the evening
- Imagine a couple, Jack & Emily in their 40s. They both work, typically have dinner with their children around 6:30pm, and by 9pm they feel like treating themselves to a tasty nibble of cheese. It’s a rewarding, adult treat that helps them unwind. And it goes well with crackers, grapes, a glass of wine or a beer & their favorite TV show. It’s something that does not require too much preparation and which you could eat comfortably on a sofa.
Give details about your idea:
- Clearly state which situation you’re referring to
- Tell us how your idea fills the unmet need
- Describe the moment: who, when, what.
- Describe the ritual (the way it’s eaten) and how they feel when they eat it.
- Tell us about the flavour of the cheese – the Cheddar or the other characterful cheese at the heart of the idea. What kind of cheese is it?
- Describe the format of the cheese and the packaging it comes in.
- Design the product: include illustrations and mock-ups of packaging
- Give a name to your product: Seriously Strong “…”
Be true to Seriously Strong: characterful cheese is the hero of the product, and the final product will be a cheese product, sold in chilled cheese aisles.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example for the snacking situation: An individual pack of 5 cube-shaped corn crisps filled with cheddar. They are packed individually, in a transparent wrapper and look like sushi (size and shape). You can heat them in the microwave and they will make a delicious treat for your break or you can eat them cold. One is surely not enough and you might give in to temptation and eat them all… !
Example for cheese and crackers: a beautiful round cardboard box that contains ball-shaped cheese pieces. In the pack you can find flavour pouches with herbs and spices such as paprika, garlic or basil. There is a ritual to the preparation. The person will pick and open the pouch of flavouring they want to use (one or more) and sprinkle the sachet on the cheese. Close and then shake the box to add extra flavour to the cheese. Then use the cocktail sticks to select a piece.
- #1 상금 3,000€
- #2 상금 1,500€
- #3 상금 500€
Presentations: design and text explanation (5 pages PDF)
The winning entry will be a truly original product idea, but also one that stays truthful to the brand’s uniqueness which is about the unique and characterful aspect of the cheese.
이 공모전을 위한 가이드 라인
- You don’t have to create a product for both situations. Pick one and create an idea based on this one.
- The people we aim to appeal to are men and women in the UK, aged 35 to 55.
- Seriously Strong Cheddar is a natural product that comes from Scotland; stay true to these roots when you create your idea.
- Download and use the logo from the toolkit.
- Make sure you look at the existing products in order to create a truly original idea.
- Look at the new TVC here.
- The quality of the execution is not paramount. We are looking for ideas.
- Entries should be in English.
eYeka 표준 가이드라인
- 제출작품에서는 어떠한 개인 정보도 보여서는 안됩니다. (이름, 연락처, 이메일 등)
- 우승자로 당선이 되면 사용될 경우를 대비하여 작품은 고화질로 보관해주십시오.
- 공모전에 제출을 고려하고 있는 작품은 본인의 것이어야만 합니다.
- 해당 미디어를 제공한 각각의 제작자와 작업자로부터 서면 허가를 받아야 합니다.
- 본인 것이 아닌 작업물(음악, 사진, 디자인 등)이 있다면 사용한 음악 및/또는 이미지가 본인의 창작물인지 아닌지를 미디어 설명에 기입하고 사용 권한을 부여한 라이센스의 링크를 제공하십시오.
- eYeka는 회원님께 문서화된 증거나 eYeka와 우리의 고객이 공모전 규정 사항에 따라 작품의 사용할 권한이 있음을 증명하는 것 같은 문서화된 확인 증서 전부의 사본을 요구할 것입니다
- 위의 규정에 부합하지 않는 작품은 본 공모전의 심사 대상에서 제외됩니다.