Pitch us a story where Lay’s are so irresistible they make you break conventions or change plans
The aim of this contest is to select three finalists who will shoot and edit videos for Lay’s potato chips.
How it works:
After reading the full brief, come up with a story for Lay’s and pitch it to us. In order to help us understand the story, you can show us a storyboard (sketches, pictures) of what the scenes will look like, or tell us the story in your own words (story outline). Lay’s will select three finalists who will receive production grants of €3,000 each to produce the video. The finalists selected will win a prize of €12,000, € 6,000 and €4,000 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places respectively.
Some things in life are just too irresistible. Lay’s are one of them. People can’t help loving them.
It’s unmistakable - when you see them, you want them! They are so irresistible that they can make you change plans, break conventions or disrupt moments!
Invent a story about Lay’s irresistibility and how they will make you break conventions or change plans and “pitch” it to us by describing or sketching the key visual and story elements.
OBJECTIVE: Produce a final video of 15 seconds that will be aired on the Internet, globally.
BIG IDEA: Lay’s. To see them is to want them. Lay’s chips are so irresistible that they will make you break convention or change your plans.
STORYTELLING: Your story must be easy and quick to understand – the final video will be 15 sec, funny, surprising, and evoke sharing. Below are some sample concepts. If they inspire you, you may base your story on them or invent your own stories.
One approach is stories about people of authority who want Lay’s so much that they shatter social expectations and break conventions. We expect a formal kind of behavior from these people but with Lay’s, they are shown in unguarded and human moments. For example: a monk is meditating and remains silent and still. A passerby is eating Lay’s and the monk can’t resist and breaks his composure to ask the guy for his chips. In another example, a pack of Lay’s is brought by a lawyer to a court room as evidence. When the lawyer turns his/her back, the judge gets Lay’s and everyone laughs about the fact that he couldn’t resist eating the chips and now, the evidence is gone!
Another approach centers on Lay’s being so irresistible that they make you disrupt your plans. People give up their plans because they want Lay’s more than anything. In these stories, Lay’s is shown as the surprise element that shifts the situation. Example: an alien is boarding his space ship to return to his planet. But, he discovers Lay’s while he’s boarding and abandon’s his flight and remains on Earth because Lay’s chips are too good…
TONE OF VOICE: Fun, shareable and surprising
BRAND PERSONALITY: light-hearted, optimistic, inclusive, cheerful.
Your video pitch has to include:
- A clear and emotionally engaging storyline that conveys Lay’s message of irresistibility.
- A written outline of your story or a storyboard.
- A show reel of your capabilities and best work.
- An introduction of you and your team (tell us why you’re the best person to shoot the video and why YOU should get the grants)
- #1 상금 12,000€ + 3,000€ grant
- #2 상금 6,000€ + 3,000€ grant
- #3 상금 5,000€ + 3,000€ grant
- #4 상금 4,000€ + 3,000€ grant
Selected finalists will get grants to cover their production expenses.
A video pitch
Keep in mind that the final video must be shareable. We are looking for content that has a hook and that can travel on the Internet. It needs to be emotionally strong and convey the brand’s big idea: “Lay’s, when you see them you want them.”
The jury will select the finalists based on the story they pitch.
이 공모전을 위한 가이드 라인
- Look at Lay’s most recent commercial and another witty one, to get the spirit of the brand.
- Do not show situations where potato chips normally don’t belong or situations where people are behaving dangerously (driving tractors, riding a bike etc.)
- Do not base the story on the crunch sound (crunch is NOT Lay’s key attribute)
- Avoid any kind of violence.
- Don’t show kids and pregnant women.
- Brand colors are yellow and red.
- If you’re selected as a winner of this phase, you will be asked to produce a story-board of your idea. We’ve created a template for you, if you want to use it. At this stage, it’s not mandatory.
- Your pitch should be in English or with English subtitles so that the Jury and Brand Team can view and understand them.
- The final three videos should have little or no dialog - we are going to use these videos globally, so little or no dialog would be ideal. Make sure your pitch addresses this point.
- The final video will be heavily amplified on-line. It must have high-quality production values.
eYeka 표준 가이드라인
- 제출작품에서는 어떠한 개인 정보도 보여서는 안됩니다. (이름, 연락처, 이메일 등)
- 우승자로 당선이 되면 사용될 경우를 대비하여 작품은 고화질로 보관해주십시오.
- 공모전에 제출을 고려하고 있는 작품은 본인의 것이어야만 합니다.
- 해당 미디어를 제공한 각각의 제작자와 작업자로부터 서면 허가를 받아야 합니다.
- 본인 것이 아닌 작업물(음악, 사진, 디자인 등)이 있다면 사용한 음악 및/또는 이미지가 본인의 창작물인지 아닌지를 미디어 설명에 기입하고 사용 권한을 부여한 라이센스의 링크를 제공하십시오.
- eYeka는 회원님께 문서화된 증거나 eYeka와 우리의 고객이 공모전 규정 사항에 따라 작품의 사용할 권한이 있음을 증명하는 것 같은 문서화된 확인 증서 전부의 사본을 요구할 것입니다
- 위의 규정에 부합하지 않는 작품은 본 공모전의 심사 대상에서 제외됩니다.