How can you make beauty products sustainable?
L’Oréal is the world’s biggest beauty company. What L’Oréal believes in is: Beauty for all - no matter which country, which socio-economic class and what age or life stage people are in, they have the right to great hygiene and beauty.
Beauty for all is L’Oréal’s new sustainability commitment.
This commitment covers four areas:
- Innovating sustainably — by 2020, L’Oréal will innovate so that 100% of its products have an environmental benefit.
- Producing sustainably — by 2020, L’Oréal will reduce its environmental footprint by 60% whilst bringing beauty to one billion new consumers.
- Living sustainably — by 2020, they will empower every L’Oréal consumer to make sustainable consumption choices while enhancing the beauty of the planet.
Some milestones have already been achieved, such as the prohibition of animal testing, less use of plastic in products, zero waste packaging where consumer can use the product till last drop. There is also the biodegradability of the formulas used in products per se – no silicon, no surfactants, products that require less water to be processed, the use of natural ingredients instead of chemicals, etc.
L’Oréal wants to ground its actions in people’s convictions and this is why they’re coming to eYeka, to get a feel of what could be the next big innovation in terms of sustainability for beauty products (hair and skin care mostly).
Create an idea that will break the mold and make the beauty products (skin and hair care products or make-up) more sustainable.
Your idea needs to be something that really changes the game, things that will have a positive impact on the planet. Also, it should be things that will make a change for consumers – something that bring a benefit. For example, sulfate-free shampoos. It’s sustainable because it’s good for the planet but consumers don’t care. But if you allow people to refill their empty pack of skin care, it will mean something to them because it will cost less money to buy.
Your idea should be one for heavily-used products.
Here’s the list of products you can use for your idea. Pick one of them for your idea:
- Serum & leave-on products
- Face cleansers
- Face moisturizers /brightening/whitening creams
Click on the links to see the range of products on L'Oréal Paris website.
Your idea should be composed of a key visual and the answers to these questions (1 page, split into two parts)
- In what way is your idea sustainable? What’s the benefit for the planet?
- What’s the end benefit for the consumer?
- Where does your inspiration come from? It can come from other brands or products (food, automotive, etc.)
- What kind of consumers is your idea designed for? (Geography + gender)
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A lot of things have been done in this field. For example, condensed deodorant sprays. They contain the same quantity of product but use less aluminum as the packs are smaller.
Recycling rain water to be used in factories is also a route that is explored. Being able to bring back your empty packs of skin care for refill them is another example of a good idea. Replacement of packaging material by a material that is better for the eco-system is also an idea that would work for this contest.
Bad ideas: removing parabens from shampoos and shower gels. It’s not changing the game, as most products have already removed them.
- #1 상금 1,500€
- #2 상금 600€
- #3 상금 400€
1 page: visual of illustration and answers to the questions.
We’re asking you to imagine ambitious things. The jury will award ideas that have the potential to have a big impact.
이 공모전을 위한 가이드 라인
- Use this template for your submission: here
- Entries should be in English.
- By sustainability, we mean “green” and good for the planet. The scope is not about social initiatives, like training women in remote places to help them get a job for instance.
- Don't hesitate to visit L'Oréal Paris website if you want to read more about the products.
- Selected entries will be used on the Internet. Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must be compatible with Internet broadcasting. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
eYeka 표준 가이드라인
- 제출작품에서는 어떠한 개인 정보도 보여서는 안됩니다. (이름, 연락처, 이메일 등)
- 우승자로 당선이 되면 사용될 경우를 대비하여 작품은 고화질로 보관해주십시오.
- 공모전에 제출을 고려하고 있는 작품은 본인의 것이어야만 합니다.
- 해당 미디어를 제공한 각각의 제작자와 작업자로부터 서면 허가를 받아야 합니다.
- 본인 것이 아닌 작업물(음악, 사진, 디자인 등)이 있다면 사용한 음악 및/또는 이미지가 본인의 창작물인지 아닌지를 미디어 설명에 기입하고 사용 권한을 부여한 라이센스의 링크를 제공하십시오.
- eYeka는 회원님께 문서화된 증거나 eYeka와 우리의 고객이 공모전 규정 사항에 따라 작품의 사용할 권한이 있음을 증명하는 것 같은 문서화된 확인 증서 전부의 사본을 요구할 것입니다
- 위의 규정에 부합하지 않는 작품은 본 공모전의 심사 대상에서 제외됩니다.